Shipping and Delivery of your order
Safes over 150 lbs. typically ship via a freight company and unless you upgraded the delivery to our white glove service your order will arrive on a big rig tractor trailer with a liftgate. If you live in a rural area, condo or apartment complex your home must be accessible for the freight company to deliver your order.
Please review our policy and what your responsibilities are should your order arrive damaged.
NOTICE REGARDING DELIVERY OF YOUR PRODUCT
Your product will be delivered by a third-party freight company. When the carrier calls, please be sure to make delivery arrangements that fit your schedule. You (or a designated person) are required to be present at the agreed upon delivery date.
Deliveries are typically Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (local time) although this can vary with each freight companies’ local terminal operational hours.
As with all products delivered by carriers, there is typically a 4-to-8-hour delivery window and can extend beyond that time depending upon the local terminal’s operational hours.
If a delivery is not made within 3 business days from arrival at the delivery terminal, the carrier may charge storage fees, which you will need to pay before delivery is made.
Once your appointment has been set, and the shipment is out for delivery, should you need to change, or if you are not present at the time of delivery, a re-delivery charge will apply. You will need to pay these fees before a re-delivery attempt is made.
It’s very Important to read the following freight damage policy:
- It is your right to inspect the shipment if there is visible damage to the carton, crate, or pallet.
- Inspect all Safes, Vault Doors or Security doors received while the driver is onsite.
- Check for any damage to the carton or cardboard, pallet, or shipping legs.
- If the cardboard has indentations of strap marks, please remove the cardboard to inspect the safe directly.
- Overtightened shipping straps will cause damage to the paint surface.
*** IMPORTANT: Do not sign any documents prior to the inspection. ***
- If damage is located, you must fully inspect the product 100%.
- This will require the box or crate to be removed and pictures taken along with notes.
- Please note all damage in detail on the bill of lading or delivery receipt.
- If the damage is severe or the damage is not able to be repaired with touch up paint, please refuse shipment and contact us during normal business hours.
- It is your right to refuse a safe that arrives damaged due to damage that occurs in shipment.
- If damage is reported on the bill of lading or delivery receipt, please call us during normal business hours at 855-248-6723, ext. 1
- Email all details and pictures to our sales department at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If there is no damage to the carton, cardboard, packaging, pallet, or shipping legs the freight company may not allow you to fully inspect the shipment.
- In this case you should sign "subject to inspection" on the delivery receipt.
- *** Please double check to make sure nothing is missed. ***
If you receive the shipment and do not note any damage on delivery receipt, this relieves the freight company of all damage that have occurred. You will be responsible for the damage or loss that has occurred as we will not be able to file a claim with the freight company and cannot get a replacement order processed for you.