Being a closet gun owner doesn't mean what you might think...
Owning a gun and being proficient with it doesn't matter if you don't have it available when you need it. The SP20 Closet safe helps you keep your home defense firearms close by and hidden away so you can sleep a little more peacefully. Like it's more standard sized sibling in the Sporter line, the SP20 give you excellent protection against fire and theft, in a package that is tucked away where you need it most.
- 12 Gauge Steel Body
- Locking Bolts: 8/5 (5 active)
- 1 Formed Door with Partial Inner Plate
- Pry-Stop End Bolts
- 1 diameter chromed locking bolts on three sides of door (top/sides)
- Force Deflector Locking System
- Hardened Steel Pin Lock Protection
- Fire Rating 60 Minute / 1400°
- Putty Gray finish
- Three-spoke Matte Black finish
- Beige Fabric Interior
Storage and Convenience
- Premium DPX Storage System (top half of door back) with Quick Access DPX Barrel Rack, Note the SP20 does not include the DPX Barrel Rack
- Long Gun Capacity: 20 (10/20)
- Standard Shelving only (Not Axis or CMS Compatible)
- Does not include DPX Barrel Rack
- Barrel Racks: 2
- Cubic Feet 15
Lock: Electronic Lock Only
Exclusive to Browning ProSteel safes, ThermaBlock features thicker sheets of fire insulation arranged in an interlocking design that minimizes gaps that would allow the internal temperature in the safe to rise during a fire.
When heat builds and flames roar, ThermaBlock ensures that your valuables are well protected. Exclusive to Browning ProSteel safes, ThermaBlock features thicker sheets of fire insulation arranged in an interlocking design that minimizes gaps that would allow the internal temperature in the safe to rise during a fire.
With ThermaBlock’s advantages, ProSteel begin fire-testing safes where the other brands’ testing ends. The chart shows that a Browning ProSteel safe with ThermaBlock and external hinges offers fire protection as much as three times better than a safe with internal hinges and gaps in fire protection that leave your valuables unprotected.
FIRE PROTECTION LIKE NO OTHER.
They understand that fire protection is more than just adding fire insulation to a safe. Other aspects of safe construction play crucial roles in the total fire protection package. Here, the little details add up to make or break the true fire protection a safe offers. For example:
The thickness of the steel used in the body is vital. Heavier gauge steel flexes less when heated, limiting distortion that lets heat in through gaps in broken welds and around the door frame. Speaking of welds, we continuously weld — not spot weld like some of the competition — every seam for added resistance to heat-related flex. Even the door hinge design matters. All of these little touches add up to big gains in fir e and heat resistance and go a long way towards protecting your most valuable possessions.
DPX® Storage System
This system maximizes gun storage space by including a modular system of door mounted racks for long guns as well as pouches and pockets for pistols and other valuables.
The Sporter Series comes with a half DPX Storage Door system, it is much like the full DPX Door Storage, but does not have the lower half. It does still have storage for full size long rifles on the door. It however does not include the Scope Saver.
EXTERIOR PAINT FINISH
- External: 58"H x 24"W x 19"D (add 3" of depth for handle)
- Interior: 53"H x 21 1/2"W x 12"D
- Gun Capacity: 20 (10/20)
- Cubic Feet: 15
- Weight: 410 lbs.
ProSteel will warrant your safe for its lifetime against damage occurring from break in, attempted break in or fire to the original purchaser of any Browning ProSteel gun safe produced after January 1, 2006. Provide the proper documentation and we will replace or repair (at ProSteel’s discretion) your safe. ProSteel will arrange for and pay the shipping costs both to and from the factory and any reasonable locksmith costs necessary to open the safe.
Break in Warranty:
- If your Browning ProSteel safe is forcibly opened, we will replace or repair it at no cost to you.
Attempted Break in Warranty:
- If your Browning ProSteel safe has been attacked by forcible means, we will replace or repair it at no cost to you.
- If your Browning ProSteel safe is damaged in a house fire, we will replace or repair it at no cost to you.