Winchester Treasury 48 Tall Gun Safe TR-7240-48
What is the definition of a Treasury? A place where treasure is stored. The Winchester Treasury 48 Tall Gun Safe TR-7240-48 can be your own personal treasury for your rifles, paperwork, and other valuables. This gun safe has a 48 long gun capacity inside as well as a top-shelf to store other items.
Winchester had the Treasury 48 TR-7240-48 Gun Safe tested for 90 minutes with outside temperatures up to 1400 degrees F. It has a Palusol Heat expanding door seal around the door that expands to over 6 times its size when subjected to heat that creates a barrier against heat and smoke. To achieve this fire rating, there are five layers of fireboard in the door, three layers of the body, and four layers in the top. Winchester includes a Lifetime Free Replacement Guarantee in the event of a fire.
The Winchester Treasury 48 Gun Safe has achieved the UL RSC (Residential Security Container) Burglary rating plus it exceeds the California Department of Justice requirements. This is due to the solid steel 10 gauge body formed with robotic continuous welds. Other burglar protection features include solid steel external strap hinges, drill-resistant, heat-treated 1/4" steel hard plate, auxiliary re-locker that keeps the active boltwork locked in place under attack, and more.
To prevent pry attacks on the Winchester Treasury 48 Gun Safe TR-7240-48, there are 18 - 1.5" solids steel locking bolts. There are 6 that are deadbolts on the hinge side and 12 active including top and bottom locking bolts for added pry resistance. The recessed door and reinforced steel return jambs also help to prevent pry attacks. Winchester includes pre-drilled holes for securing to a solid surface. This will prevent tipping for pry leverage or removal of the safe by a burglar. Winchester stands behind the Treasury 48 and includes a Lifetime Free Replacement Guarantee in the event of a burglary attack.
The look and feel of the Winchester Treasury 48 Gun Safe TR-7240-48 are just as good as the security and fire protection. It comes in either a durable powder coated gunmetal gray or black finish. A 3-spoke black chrome vault handle is standard. Inside the safe is an upgraded welted pindot interior. Winchester includes a bright white motion-sensing LED light kit, a powder docking system that provides (2) 110v outlets and (2) USB pass-throughs, and a deluxe door panel organizer that provides quick access to handguns and safe storage of accessories, documents, and more in thermal-protective, zippered pockets.
If you are looking for a large-sized, tall gun safe that will hold up to 48 rifles, has a 90-minute fire rating, and a UL RSC burglar rating, check out the Winchester Treasury 48 Gun Safe TR-7240-48.
- Proven 90 Minute fire rating at 1400º F
- Palusol® Heat expanding door seal expands to over 6x its size when subjected to heat, creating a barrier against heat and smoke
- UL® rated fireboard protection in the ceiling, walls, and door
- External solid steel strap hinges allow full fire protection and remove the vulnerability of internal hinges, which require holes and weak points in fireboard protection
- Composite steel door with an added layer of UL® rated fireboard protection behind the accessory door panel
- Thermal-protective lining in zippered door pockets provide additional protection for sensitive documents
- Lifetime Free Replacement Guarantee in the event of a fire
- UL® Listed S&G mechanical lock with no vulnerable solenoid or key override feature
- U.L. Listed for burglary protection, RSC
- Exceeds California DOJ Requirements
- Solid steel 10 ga. body formed with robotic continuous welds
- Solid steel external strap hinges
- Drill-resistant, heat-treated 1/4″ steel hard plate, 60-61 RC
- Titanium disk
- Auxiliary re-locker keeps active boltwork locked in place when under attack
- (18) 1.5″ solid steel locking bolts: 6 dead locking and 12 active including top/bottom locking bolts for added pry resistance
- Dead locking bolts on the hinge side of the door cannot be compromised in a burglary attack
- Recessed door and reinforced steel return jambs thwart pry attacks
- Anti-pry tabs
- Pre-drilled for anchoring to floor, preventing tipping for pry leverage or removal of safe by thieves
- Lifetime Free Replacement Guarantee in the event of a burglary attack
- Durable powdercoated gunmetal or black
- 3-Spoke black chrome vault handle
- Upgraded welted pindot interior
- Bright white motion-sensing LED light kit
- Power Docking System provides (2) 110v outlets and (2) USB pass-throughs
- Features adjustable shelving system and easy-access barrel racks with auxiliary shelves for interior customization to fit your storage needs
- Deluxe Door Panel Organizer provides quick access to handguns and safe storage of accessories, documents, and more in thermal-protective, zippered pockets
- Lifetime Limited Warranty
- Up to 48 Long Gun Capacity
- Outside Dimensions: 72.00" H x 40.00" W x 29.00" D*
- Inside Dimensions: 67.00" H x 35.00" W x 17.00" D
- Interior Cubic Feet: 23.07
- Weight: 1310 Pounds
- *Add 1.5" to depth for hardware
Hey there, this is Shannon with Gunsafes.com and I am here to discuss the major features, specifications and benefits of the Winchester Silverado 49.
You know, Winchester has really blown everyone out of the water with their Ranger and Silverado series of safes, especially when it comes to security and affordability. Their safes were some of our top sellers last year, and this year isn’t proving any different.
The Silverado’s huge popularity comes in part from features such as a 51 long gun capacity, 2 hour at 1400 degrees fire rating, made possible by three layers of 5/8” fireboard in the door and four layers of ½” fireboard in the body; its massive 10 gauge steel body and 3-way active bolt work / 4 sides of bolts with 18 solid steel, 1 1/2 “diameter locking bolts; and its UL classification for burglary. But in addition to these, Winchester has incorporated an auxiliary relocker and drill resistant hard plate within their composite door construction, just adding to exceptional security and strength of the Silverado series. And not to mention, this monster of a safe weighs in at almost 1400 lbs, so once it’s in place, it’s not going anywhere.
I think one of the most desirable features of Winchester safes is the factory installed accessory door panel. Maximizing the interior storage capacity and providing excellent organization with room for pistols, ammo, documents and other miscellaneous items, it was the hottest ticket when it was introduced in 2011 and continues to be one of the greatest selling points to the S49, as well as the rest of their models. And although you can purchase universal door panels separately to retro-fit your safe, it’s really nice to have them pre-installed, fit perfectly and already included in the price.
Speaking of price, another great reason to buy a Silverado 49 is its affordability. Compared to other safes with a similar list of exceptional features, the S49 has maintained a sweet price point, and is by far nicer on the pocket book of most consumers.
So, essentially if you’re in the market for your first safe or an additional safe to accommodate your expanding collection, the Winchester Silverado 49 would be a great place to start when taking into account its size, construction, security and price tag. It’s truly a smart buy all around.