The Silverado 26 offers high-end burglary protection features and an
extraordinary fire rating. The beveled edge Silverado series of gun
safes has an interior so versatile, it’s consistently a best seller.
Thicker adjustable shelving with upgraded pindot fabric gives you a
range of storage configurations, an accessory door panel keeps documents
protected with thermal pockets and handguns at close range on the
inside of your safe’s door. Treasury gun safe’s bright white LED
lighting and a Power Docking System add functionality to the interior.
- Four layers of fireboard in the ceiling and body
- Five layers of fireboard in the door
- External welded solid steel large hinges allow full fireboard protection and 180° door swing
- Double layer of Palusol® heat expandable door seal
- Upgraded composite door construction with added layer of fireboard behind accessory door panel
- UL listed for burglary protection, RSC
- UL listed S&G mechanical lock
- Exceeds California DOJ requirements
- Drill resistant hard plate 60-61Rc
- Titanium disk
- Auxiliary relocker
- 4-way locking, 3-way active bolt system
- 12 – 1.5” solid steel locking bolts
- Pry-resistant recessed door and reinforced steel return doorjamb
- Anti-pry tabs
- Pre-drilled for anchor kit (sold separately)
- Beveled edge body construction
- Welded external cast steel strap hinges
- Door panel organizer
- LED Light Kit installed
- Thick Interior shelves with gray pindot fabric
- Power Docking System (PDS) – (2) 110v power outlets with (2) USB pass-throughs
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Exterior: 60"H X 30"W X 25"D (add 2" for hinges)
- Interior: 54.5"H X 24"W X 13.5"D
- Weight: 869 lbs.
- 26 long gun capacity
Winchester S23 Silverado Premier 2 Hour Fire Safe/24 Gun Safe
Hi! This is Shannon with Gunsafes.com and I thought I would take just a few minutes to highlight some the key benefits and features of the Winchester Silverado series, specifically the S23.
The Silverado series is the next step up from Winchester’s introductory Ranger series, offering two significant upgrades. It boasts twice the fire rating at 2 hours at 1400 degrees, accomplished by three layers of 5/8" fireboard in the door and four layers of 1/2" fireboard in the body. Heavier 10 gauge steel has also been used in the construction of the body, as opposed to 12 gauge steel, which is a surprisingly huge upgrade from previous year’s models.
Touching on some of the great features that have remained include 3-way active bolt work/ 4 sides of bolts, which in the S23’s case there are 12, 1.5” solid steel locking bolts. A composite door construction, drill resistant hard plate 60-61Rc and auxiliary relocker, which provide defense against punch attacks, and lock tampering; and factor in as major contributions toward its UL certification listing for burglary attack. And speaking about UL certification, the S23, as with all Winchester safes, comes with your choice of UL rated S&G locks. You have your choice of mechanical or electronic, depending on your personal preference.
As with all Winchester’s full size gun safes, it comes fully equipped with adjustable interior shelving, providing flexibility and customization to better suit your storage needs. It also comes standard with the factory installed door organization panel, which is an exceptionally sweet feature, not only because it provides additional pistol, ammo and document storage, but also because it eliminates the need to purchase an aftermarket version, saving money and the hassle of an imperfect fit.
Ultimately, however, I think that the S23’s best feature is its affordability. Winchester has always been a front runner in the race for quality at consumer friendly pricing, and this safe is no exception. It truly offers one of the biggest “bangs for your buck” on the market today, along with all of the size variations of Silverado’s.
So, if you are looking to purchase your first safe, or upgrade to something a bit bigger or more secure, the S23 is great safe to consider and truly a worthwhile investment.
Overall Customer Rating of 3 Reviews: