WINCHESTER BANDIT 31
- Proven 45 Minute fire rating at 1400º F
- Palusol® Heat expanding door seal expands to over 6x its size when subjected to heat, creating a barrier against heat and smoke
- UL® rated fireboard protection in the ceiling, walls and door
- External solid steel strap hinges allow full fire protection and
remove vulnerability of internal hinges, which require holes and weak
points in fireboard protection
- Composite steel door with added layer of UL® rated fireboard protection
- Lifetime Free Replacement Guarantee in the event of a fire
- UL® Listed S&G mechanical lock with no vulnerable solenoid or key override feature
- Exceeds California DOJ Requirements
- Solid steel 14 ga. body formed with robotic welds
- Solid steel external strap hinges
- (6) 1″ solid steel locking bolts: 3 dead locking and 3 active
- Dead locking bolts on the hinge side of the door cannot be compromised in a burglary attack
- Recessed door and reinforced steel return jambs thwart pry attacks
- Pre-drilled for anchoring to floor, preventing tipping for pry leverage or removal of safe by thieves
- Lifetime Free Replacement Guarantee in the event of a burglary attack
- Durable powdercoated gunmetal finish
- Black single lever handle
- Features fixed U-shaped gun rack and fixed top shelf
- Door Panel Organizer provides quick access to handguns and safe storage of accessories, documents and more in zippered pockets
- Small power cord exit hole at back of safe
- Lifetime Limited Warranty
- Durable powdercoated gunmetal finish
- Black single lever vault handle (3-Spoke black vault handle on Bandit 31)
- Small power cord exit on back of safe
adjustable shelving system and Collector Racks with auxiliary shelves
for interior customization to fit your storage needs
- Door Panel Organizer provides quick access to handguns and safe storage of accessories, documents and in zippered pockets
Outfit your new Winchester safe with some of our most popular
accessories, all combined into our Essentials Kit. Secure your safe to
any flooring with our universal Anchor Kit, regulate humidity with our
Dehumidifier and Hygrometer, and place the LED Cordless Vault Light
anywhere within the safe to easily light up your safe's interior.
The Winchester Safes Dehumidifier protects your valuables from
condensation, rust and mildew. By producing small amounts of heated air
that circulates throughout interior of your safe, it helps remove
moisture from the air. Ideal for humid environments or climates. All
Winchester Safes come with a small pre-formed exit for electronics cords
on the back of the safe. Safes equipped with Power Docking Systems make
this accessory an easy plug-and-play feature to safeguard your gun
The Winchester Safes’ Pistol Rack securely holds up to four guns, and
features a soft-touch coating that won’t scratch or mar the finish of
The Winchester Safes’ Hygrometer is small and easy to
mount, providing accurate relative humidity readings from 0% to 100%
inside a vault or gun safe.
Magnetic Barrel Rest
We don't know about you, but sometimes we
wish we had a third hand when moving guns around in our gun safe --
especially if the gun we need is in the back and obscured by other
firearms. Our Magnetic Barrel Rest solves this problem by giving you a
designated place to secure a gun once you remove it from the safe. It’s a
smart and convenient solution that can make handling your firearms
easier and safer.
Automatic Cordless Light
Automatic Cordless Vault Light from Winchester Safes illuminates your
entire safe upon entry with an auto on/off sensor, and super bright LED
bulbs so you can quickly locate exactly what you’re looking for in your
gun safe, even in the dark.
Silica Gel Can
Winchester Safes’ Silica Gel Can absorbs moisture from the air and
prevents condensation, mildew and rust from forming inside your safe or
storage area. The silica crystals are easily recharged in the oven once
they become fully saturated.
Stealth Entry Light
Sometimes you need to access your safe in the dark. But it is next to
impossible to correctly input your combination when you can’t see the
dial or keypad. Winchester Safes’ Entry Light conveniently lights up the
entire dial or keypad, allowing fast entry even in a dark room.
- Exterior Dimensions - 60"(H) x 40"(W) x 22"(D)*
- Interior Dimensions - 57"(H) x 38"(W) x 14.5"(D)
- Volume - 30.5 cf
- Weight - 516 lbs
Add 1.5″ to depth for hardware.
Hey there, this is Shannon with Gunsafes.com and I am here to discuss the major features, specifications and benefits of the Winchester Silverado 49.
You know, Winchester has really blown everyone out of the water with their Ranger and Silverado series of safes, especially when it comes to security and affordability. Their safes were some of our top sellers last year, and this year isn’t proving any different.
The Silverado’s huge popularity comes in part from features such as a 51 long gun capacity, 2 hour at 1400 degrees fire rating, made possible by three layers of 5/8” fireboard in the door and four layers of ½” fireboard in the body; its massive 10 gauge steel body and 3-way active bolt work / 4 sides of bolts with 18 solid steel, 1 1/2 “diameter locking bolts; and its UL classification for burglary. But in addition to these, Winchester has incorporated an auxiliary relocker and drill resistant hard plate within their composite door construction, just adding to exceptional security and strength of the Silverado series. And not to mention, this monster of a safe weighs in at almost 1400 lbs, so once it’s in place, it’s not going anywhere.
I think one of the most desirable features of Winchester safes is the factory installed accessory door panel. Maximizing the interior storage capacity and providing excellent organization with room for pistols, ammo, documents and other miscellaneous items, it was the hottest ticket when it was introduced in 2011 and continues to be one of the greatest selling points to the S49, as well as the rest of their models. And although you can purchase universal door panels separately to retro-fit your safe, it’s really nice to have them pre-installed, fit perfectly and already included in the price.
Speaking of price, another great reason to buy a Silverado 49 is its affordability. Compared to other safes with a similar list of exceptional features, the S49 has maintained a sweet price point, and is by far nicer on the pocket book of most consumers.
So, essentially if you’re in the market for your first safe or an additional safe to accommodate your expanding collection, the Winchester Silverado 49 would be a great place to start when taking into account its size, construction, security and price tag. It’s truly a smart buy all around.