The Silverado 40 offers high-end burglary protection features and an
extraordinary fire rating. The beveled edge Silverado series of gun
safes has an interior so versatile, it’s consistently a best seller.
Thicker adjustable shelving with upgraded pindot fabric gives you a
range of storage configurations, an accessory door panel keeps documents
protected with thermal pockets and handguns at close range on the
inside of your safe’s door. Treasury gun safe’s bright white LED
lighting and a Power Docking System add functionality to the interior.
- Five layers of fireboard in the door
- Four layers of fireboard in the ceiling and body
- External welded solid steel large hinges allow full fireboard protection and 180° door swing
- Double layer of Palusol® heat expandable door seal
- Upgraded composite door construction with added layer of fireboard behind accessory door panel
- UL listed for burglary protection, RSC
- UL listed S&G mechanical lock
- Exceeds California DOJ requirements
- Drill resistant hard plate 60-61Rc
- Titanium disk
- Auxiliary relocker
- 4-way locking, 3-way active bolt system
- 14 – 1.5” solid steel locking bolts
- Pry-resistant recessed door and reinforced steel return doorjamb
- Anti-pry tabs
- Pre-drilled for anchor kit (sold separately)
- Beveled edge 10 gauge body construction built with continuous robotic welds
- Welded external cast steel strap hinges
- Door panel organizer
- LED Light Kit installed
- Thick Interior shelves with gray pindot fabric
- Power Docking System (PDS) – (2) 110v power outlets with (2) USB pass-throughs
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Exterior: 60"H x 40"W x 29"D (add 2" for hinges)
- Internal: 55"H x 35"W x 17"D
- 40.3 CF
- Weight: 1188 lbs.
Hey, Shannon here with Gunsafes.com, chatting a bit about the features of the Winchester S38.
You know, Winchester has really presented themselves as one of the front runners in distributing quality safes at consumer friendly prices, and the S38 is just another example of their commitment to combine security and affordability.
The Silverado 38 comes equipped with a list of awesome attributes that make it appealing on many different levels. From security, to fire rating, to storage and capacity, this model definitely offers the best of all worlds in the gun safe industry.
Beginning with security, let’s talk about a hefty 10 gauge steel 3 sides of active locking bolts / 4 sides of bolts total to stop pry attacks. Not to mention a drill resistant hard plate 60-61Rc and auxiliary relocker. Throw in a UL burglary listing and the option of a Legard electronic or Group II S&G mechanical locks, and the S38 presents itself as a serious obstacle to any attempted theft attack; which is really the first and foremost priority for most gun safe owners, after all.
What I think is also pretty great about this safe is that it has a 2 hour fire rating at 1400 degrees, which is a huge plus, especially for anyone that may live in a more rural area or at a significant distance from their local fire department. A fire rating at this level just provides that little extra peace of mind that your valuables will be protected, in the event that a house fire couldn’t be extinguished in a minimal amount of time.
As far as size is concerned, the S38 is a monster of a safe. Although measuring in at a standard height of 60 inches, its generous width of 40 inches and depth of 30 inches provides ample storage capabilities, with a maximum long gun capacity of 51. Winchester also includes their factory installed door organization panel standard, which is great for pistols, accessories and documents, freeing up shelf space for additional valuables, such as jewelry or coin.
All in all, I think that this safe is an excellent investment at a super steal price. And like all Winchester safes, the S38 is no exception to quality, function and style.
Overall Customer Rating of 2 Reviews: