**New 2013 EXL Model Includes a Door Panel Organizational System (not shown in images)**
Bighorn™ gun safes offers the "best bang for the buck" on the market today. Rock-solid, heavy-bodied construction, with great fire ratings but without lots of frills, at the industry's best prices.
- Black Textured Semi-Gloss Finish
- Attack Resistant External Hinge System
- Drill-Resistant Armor
- Two Internal Relockers
- Electronic Lock allows you to enter your own combination
- Mechanical Dial Lock also available
- 10 Massive 1.5" Diameter Chrome-plated Door Bolts
- Bolt Coverage On All 4 Sides of the Door
- 5.5" Thick Composite Door
- 1200° / 70 Minute Fire Rating
- 11 Gauge Steel Body
- Plush Adjustable Interior
- Certified Protective Lining
- Seamless Continuously Welded body
- Pry Resistant Door
- Hole in the back for dehumidifier
- 2 holes measuring 3/8” under the floor board with plastic caps. Bolt down hardware not included (recommend using a 3/8” wedge anchor for concrete)
- The e-lock takes a 9 volt battery. We recommend either a Duracell or Energizer brand battery.
3mm (11 Gauge) Thick Steel Body
Bighorn series safes are made with 3mm (11 Gauge) thick steel. When shopping around, be sure to compare the weight of Bighorn safes to theirs- you'll see a big difference. A thicker walled safe means more time for a burglar to gain entry.
External hinges allow for a full 180 degree swing radius, while the competitor's interior hinges only give you 90. They'll say their hinges give you more protection, but with Bighorn's side locking bolts, your valuables will be just as safe, even if the hinges are sawed off. Also, external hinges allow you to remove the door for ease of movement into your home.
All Bighorn series safes come standard with either 1 inch or 1 1/2 inch doorbolts depending on model.
70 Minute Fire Rating
Fire-lined Bighorn series safes come with a 1200 degree/70 minute fire rating, which is almost double in comparison to other company's safes of comparable size and price.
While other standard model safes come with a plated drop handle, Bighorns come standard with a vault-style, 5 spoke handle on all the Model 7144, 6039, and 6030 safes.
The interior of a Bighorn safe is lined with excellent quality, gray fabric and is fully adjustable.
Bighorn 6039 Gun Safe: 33 Gun Safe
Hello, and welcome to GunSafes.com! This is Mary Ann, your Rhino / Bighorn specialist, reporting on the Bighorn 6039 gun safe.
The Bighorn series gun safes, overall, really offers the “best bang for the buck” on the market today. With rock-solid, heavy bodied construction, great fire ratings but without a lot of frills, its price point is at the industry’s best.
The 6039 is built with 11 gauge steel and boasts a 70 minute fire rating.
The exterior comes in black textured semi-gloss finish, and a vault style 5 spoke handle. The plush interior is lined with excellent quality gray fabric and is fully adjustable.
The external hinges allow for a full 180 degree swing radius of the door, and also allow you to remove the door for ease of movement into your home.
For security, it has ten 1.5” chrome plated locking bolts on all four sides of the door, pry- resistant 5.5” thick composite door, attack proof external hinge system, drill resistant armor, 2 internal relockers, and a seamless continuously welded body.
We offer this item as a quick ship, so we can have it out the door to you the next business day!