Bighorn Gun Safes are designed and manufactured by Rhino Metals, Inc. – one of the top US owned safe and vault manufacturing companies. The company is an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and has served a wide variety of industries via its tradition of providing high-quality products. Bighorn and Rhino safes are its popular trademarks under which the following product comes.
The Bighorn 6039ELX Gun Safe is an upgrade of its smaller version, the 6039ELX. While carrying the similar features, it is slightly big and can store up to 33 guns at a time.
Some other features of the product are as follows:
- Drill-Resistant Armor
- Attack Resistant External Hinge System
- Black Textured Semi-Gloss Finish
- Two Internal Relockers
- 10 Massive 1.5" Diameter Chrome-plated Door Bolts
- Mechanical Dial Lock
- Electronic Lock
- 1200° / 70 Minute Fire Rating
- Bolt Coverage On All 4 Sides of the Door
- 5.5" Thick Composite Door
- Plush Adjustable Interior
- Pry Resistant Door
- Seamless Continuously Welded body
- Certified Protective Lining
- Hole in the back for dehumidifier
- 2 holes measuring 3/8” under the floor board with plastic caps.
- The e-lock takes a 9 volt battery. Duracell or Energizer brand battery recommended.
- 11 Gauge Thick Steel Body
- 1 or 1/2 inch Door bolts
- 180-degrees Swing External Hinges
- Door Accessory Panel
3mm (11 Gauge) Thick Steel Body
Bighorn series safes are made with 3mm (11 Gauge) thick steel. When shopping around, be sure to compare the weight of Bighorn safes to theirs- you'll see a big difference. A thicker walled safe means more time for a burglar to gain entry.
External hinges allow for a full 180 degree swing radius, while the competitor's interior hinges only give you 90. They'll say their hinges give you more protection, but with Bighorn's side locking bolts, your valuables will be just as safe, even if the hinges are sawed off. Also, external hinges allow you to remove the door for ease of movement into your home.
All Bighorn series safes come standard with either 1 inch or 1 1/2 inch doorbolts depending on model.
70 Minute Fire Rating
Fire-lined Bighorn series safes come with a 1200 degree/70 minute fire rating, which is almost double in comparison to other company's safes of comparable size and price.
While other standard model safes come with a plated drop handle, Bighorns come standard with a vault-style, 5 spoke handle on all the Model 7144, 6039, and 6030 safes.
The interior of a Bighorn safe is lined with excellent quality, gray fabric and is fully adjustable.
- Exterior: 39"W x 24"D x 59"H (add 3"D for handle)
- Interior: 36"W x 17"D x 56"H
- Rifle Capacity: 33 Gun
- Weight: 830 lbs.
- Cubic Feet: 32 (approx.)
Click Here to View Warranty Information
Rhino Metals States the following about delivery:
Before you sign the delivery receipt and let the driver leave:
- Ensure you have received every piece noted on your packing slip.
- Inspect every piece individually. Make sure they have no exterior damage, open properly, and that the interior is intact.
- If any damage has been found, make detailed notes on the delivery receipt and contact the shipper immediately.
- You have the right to refuse the freight if there is any freight damage. If you choose to do so, call us at 1-800-540-1695
Bighorn 6039 Gun Safe: 33 Gun Safe
Hello, and welcome to GunSafes.com! This is Mary Ann, your Rhino / Bighorn specialist, reporting on the Bighorn 6039 gun safe.
The Bighorn series gun safes, overall, really offers the “best bang for the buck” on the market today. With rock-solid, heavy bodied construction, great fire ratings but without a lot of frills, its price point is at the industry’s best.
The 6039 is built with 11 gauge steel and boasts a 70 minute fire rating.
The exterior comes in black textured semi-gloss finish, and a vault style 5 spoke handle. The plush interior is lined with excellent quality gray fabric and is fully adjustable.
The external hinges allow for a full 180 degree swing radius of the door, and also allow you to remove the door for ease of movement into your home.
For security, it has ten 1.5” chrome plated locking bolts on all four sides of the door, pry- resistant 5.5” thick composite door, attack proof external hinge system, drill resistant armor, 2 internal relockers, and a seamless continuously welded body.
We offer this item as a quick ship, so we can have it out the door to you the next business day!
Overall Customer Rating of 10 Reviews: